Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Out with the Old..........Bring in the New

After writing the post on death,I have tried to be cheerful and have a positive outlook on the future.As I was thinking about a new post,I heard police sirens in the distance.It did not pass thro but kept on getting louder and when I peeked out my window,I saw that it had stopped right outside our house.I screamed and ran out and saw 2-3 police cars outside.Hubby ran out in his robe and we realised that the neighbors house was on fire.
We stood outside as the Fire dept tried to save the house as it burnt down to the foundation.The couple that lived there had 3 boys,none of of who were inside.So glad no one was hurt
All the neighbours were out there with a single purpose of helping a neighbour or just to be there for them.
Please pray for this family as they start from scratch and for good neighbours who are there to help.
On that note,I am glad that 2008 is over and that 2009 is ahead.Its a clean new slate,with blank pages to be written on.
I pray that I will do what Christ would want me to do and that I will approach every negative thing with the attitude that its Gods will

I had to add this bit.we just got back from a trip to Biltmore and stayed at a cabin in the Smoky mtns and realised that a whole host of bloggers did too!Was it a blogspot retreat ?Now why did we not co-ordinate with each other?So we could have met!

13 comments:

dons_mind said...

man - - so glad the fire didn't spread to your place or any of the other neighbors homes! fires seem to be a holiday occurrence...sad - hope your neighbors had good insurance and manage to put the pieces back together...

yep - one of the other blogs i follow was up in the smokey's for the holidays...and she's a runner too! http://whatsoeverispure.blogspot.com

have a happy (but safe!) new years frasy!!!!

Amel said...

Happy New Year, Frasy!

I'll remember those people in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year ....MY Friend

Pat Jenkins said...

oh my goodness poo! let us hope the run of "bad" things happening does end, and soon!!... happy new year!!

Jackie said...

Frasypoo; Thank you for the wonderful comment you made on my post, "The Dawning of a New Day". It is so encouraging to hear from new people with like minds! I read your "death" post also and thought how much like our life it is; we are losing great people as each week goes by. I guess it's like that anyplace you go.

I read your profile. We have several of the same interests EXCEPT the Harley and the India connection (and age, I'm sure!!) At our age I can't envision my husband and me on a Harley!

Thanks again for your visit. Isn't DD2 the greatest? I've followed his blog for a couple of years. Stay well and have a Happy New Year!!!

Kathy said...

Enjoyed reading your post! Happy New Year to you. I am so sorry about your neighbor's house. We've seen that happen to two houses on our street and it is a scary thing.
I love the Smoky Mountains and the Biltmore House.

Anonymous said...

Horrible about your neighbor's house!

Surely things have start looking up at this point! I hope so...

Happy NEW Year!

Bella

Ottavio (Otto) Marasco said...

Exactly the same happened with my brothers neighbors, thankfully at least all are ok. Thanks for your NY wishes at AI, Happy New Year to you and yours.

Incognito said...

The great thing is that there are good people out there willing to help others out..

Hoping 2009 is better for you and yours and everyone else.

Happy New Year Poo!

Michelle said...

Glad the fire didn't get your house but I will keep themin my prayers. Happy New Year

SusanB-knits said...

Sorry to hear about the fire but glad no one was hurt.

Have a Happy New Year with many blessings!

Pat Jenkins said...

i like your new look. it has a mystical feel to it!!!

Kathy said...

Wow. Life keeps happening!! It's amazing how events can go from one height to another. We'll sure pray for them, and for the neighborhood as you reach out. Glad, very glad for your safety.